Friday, July 31, 2009

7 Year Itch


7 year itch

The wife's left me - she's off to the motherland for some cool air and quiet times!

I would never have thought that I would find myself in the position of Tom Ewell's character in 7 Year Itch - one of my favourite movies but here I am. For those not familiar with the movie, Tom is left alone in their apartment in a sweltering hot Manhattan during August while his wife goes to spend the summer in the country.
Richard Sherman, Ewell's character has been married for 7 years and finds himself tormented and struggling to maintain his fidelity as a voluptous young lady - Marilyn Monroe - moves into the apartment upstairs.

Now, my wife and I have only been married for 5 - let's see how I get on. I'm trying to see this time apart as a positive one, I think I'm going to miss her, but at the same time, it might be a moment to embrace my latent heterosexuality. Always having to play the husband can be somewhat tiresome. So, as Sherman finds his Monroe in his very building, I should assume my very own male version of Monroe lies within the 4 walls of Do-Forno Hughes Heights. Are there any straight men in this building? Let's see - off to the lift to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment